Friday, November 18, 2011

Wall Art

On a recent trip to Ikea I picked up a Ung Drill frame. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, I just knew it was kinda cool and had potential. Slowly a plan formulated in my mind, and a transformation occured.

I started with said frame (sorry, I forgot to take a photo of my frame)

And started to spraypaint it pink (Squirts Fuchsia for those interested)
 It took a lot of coats (damn all those fiddly bits!) but just as my can needed replacing I had the right coverage to keep me happy (especially considering it took 8 light coats, each with an hours drying time in between, and the hardware store had since closed).

Eventually I ended up with this:

I did considering hanging it on the wall as is, but I wanted to finish my plan to see if it would work. So I took out the backing board and covered it with fabric. I had grand plans of using a bit of ply and stappling the fabric to it, but in the end good old sticky tape won.

Ta Da!

The next step was to affix the giant letter 'E' I had brought. This is where my plan came unstuck, as I didn't realise the letter would be so heavy. Double sided tape wouldn't hold it, so I turned to super glue.
 And realised afterwards it was no where near centred. Drat!

My new plan is to have 'Eliza' scripted and put in the centre, but in the mean time it hangs on her wall all pretty like.

One day I will get around to finishing her bunting. One day.
Pin It


  1. What a good idea! Looks lovely. I might try this :)

  2. That is a fantastic colour! So vibrant. Thank you for your comment about the kitchen. I do have some regrets..not many fortunately! You can email me any time if you have any specific questions. Rachaelxx


Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!