Wednesday, February 22, 2012

To Buy or Not To Buy: Highchair

The highchair was one aspect where I let the husband exercise his right to pick something for our child. To be honest it is quite possibly the only thing he picked. The highchair.

Highchairs vary a lot in price, from the $30 Ikea Antilop to the super dooper expensive ($599) Bloom Fresco. I was a fan of the Tripp Trapp due to its good looks and not screaming "we have a baby", but I let the husband make a choice, and he chose the Chicco Polly.

I hate that our highchair looks like a highchair. It's not pretty. It is better than some, but it still screams baby. I also hate the stupid locking tray thing, I can never get it to slide in properly. I do however like that the tray is removable, and the top lifts off for easy cleaning. Surprisingly, I haven't had any issues with food getting stuck in the creases, after every meal I give it a flick on the lawn and we're good to go. Once a week I wash it in the bath. Easy. The highchair my mother in law has is a lot worse though, and her seat cover isn't easy to remove.

I have to say, even though we brought ours on sale, I wish we had our time again, as I would definitely go for the Tripp Trapp. I know the Ikea version is highly recommended by everyone, but it just doesn't do it for me. I used one recently, and I can't say I am rushing to Melbourne to get one. It's easy to clean, yes, but pretty it is not. Then again, given Eliza didn't really eat her first meals in a proper highchair, rather the Bumbo, I don't know if I would bother with a full on high chair, and would consider a portable type one or just stick with the Bumbo.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!