Monday, March 19, 2012

Cheap Office Changes

My office is always a work in progress, it is never really finished, and lets be honest, it probably never will be. But in order to make it look that bit more attractive, I decided to switch a few things up.

Firstly, the cushion cover. The first cushion cover I made was never a work of art. It was wonky and poorly made. I learnt my lesson (sort of). And then made a new cushion cover.

Ok, so it's not finished, it has no zip in the back, I am still working out how to do that part. But it looks functional from 3 sides. In the words of Meatloaf, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. (PS - if you happen to know how to do the zip do let me know).

Next was the book cubes. We had paperwork coming out of our ears for new things, and our filing system wasn't cutting it. New folders were needed. More folder space meant there was less cube space though, so things got shuffled. The phone went into the modem cupboard, folders that were used regularly went up higher, and new baskets (stolen from Eliza's room) were introduced. I think I might make one basket for toys though, so need to reshuffle everything.

Next was the walls. I had some Ikea frames laying about and decided to display the photos we have had taken of Eliza at birth, 3 months and 6 months. However, 3M command hooks let me down and one frame fell off the wall so it looks a little odd right now. I might take it down and put it elsewhere.

On the other wall I wanted to do something cheap and unpersonal for when we sell the house. I found this set of 3 canvas's as a junk shop for $12 and covered them with fabric I already had. I like how it ties in with the seat cushion.

So thats how I cheaply changed up our office to make it look more attractive for sale. Fingers crossed it works!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!