Monday, October 17, 2011

Babies+Renovating=Not Productive


We knew that having a baby would suck up a fair bit of our time, and that renovating would have to take a back burner for a while, but we didn't quite bank on how much of a time sucker Eliza would be.

Call me stupid, but I kinda figured that we could renovate when she sleeps. I didn't bank on her only sleeping for 40 minutes at a time during the day, nor did I put any logical thought into how making a tonne of noise and having a baby sleeping at the time time.

So we have become fans of 'hiring a man' to do things for us. First we hired a man to rekey our house. Then a man to paint the lattice for us. And now we have hired a man to concrete a slab for us. Jobs we could have done ourselves, and would have normally have done ourselves, but our time is better spent with Eliza now.

It is kinda adictive. I am considering hiring a man to mow our lawns this week, as the husband has been working away wand our pet sheep have gone back to the farm for sheering. And when I return to work we will hire a cleaner for a few hours a week. Now if only I could hire a chef, things would be grand!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!