Friday, February 27, 2009

Taste the Colours

Recently, i found a recipe for a Rainbow Cake from HERE. Now, despite being disappointed that I couldnt get Neon Food Gel in Australia (damn you!) I thought I would give it a whirl.

So I started with this

Now, despite begging my husband for a Kitchen Aid for my birthday last year, its no secret that I am a pretty crap cook. I recently burnt a saucepan so bad that the metal burnt the whole way through :O. Thus I use a packet mix, as lets face facts, there is less for me to screw up.

I mixed the mixture, and for once, didnt manage to screw up, so far at least

Now, considering I live in a giant dirt hole, and have little access to shops, paired with my impatience to order the dyes from ebay and have them shipped here, i used regualar food colouring and made my own shades.



With minimal eating of the mixture, i dolloped them into muffin trays to get this


And a lovely pile of dishes to do :(





20 minutes later (plus a bit as i was on facebook) I pulled these little gems from the oven



Aren't they pretty?



Of course, this morning i had to put frosting on them, and sprinkles for added flavour.




And eventually I ended up with this for my morning tea :) (if only I had remembered to bring it to work, but noooo, I left it on the bench. Knobhead!)
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Aww they look fantastic April - next time I get groceries I'll have a looksey for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THAT is how you do it! *ponders*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!