So here is the plan:
* Remove the 50 year old floral carpet. Oh what a shame, I do love that carpet, with its 50 years worth of dust and germs in it.
* Strip all the masonite from the walls
* Remove the window, and replace it with a double hung double window (same as the one in the master bedroom)
* Replace a few weatherboards that are looking a bit shabby on the outside
* Put noggins in the wall joists
* Build a small robe behind the door
* Lower the ceiling from 12 foot to 9 foot.
* Insulate the walls
* Upgrade the electrics. This room seriously only has one single plug power-point in it. The bedside lamps and phone are just for show! The husband, being a sparky, will put in more power-points, downlights and a ceiling fan.
* New plaster
* New paint
* New carpet
* New curtains
Hopefully this room will be relatively straight forward, and cause minimal disruptions to our lives, given we don't use this room. Fingers crossed