Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thai Pumpkin Soup


I found this recipe for Thai Pumpkin Soup on Taste and it was delicious, so I thought I would share. It's super dooper easy to make, and very tasty.




Ingredients (ammended to my tastes, the actual version is a lot spicier)
Butternut pumpkin (I use what ever we have in the fridge, normally a large half)
1 tablespoon of Red Curry paste
270ml can of Coconut Milk (I prefer milk to cream, as it was too rich when we tried it with cream)
500ml cold water


Method
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add pumpkin and curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture starts to stick to bottom of pan. Add coconut cream. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute
2. Add 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until pumpkin has softened. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Blend or process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Top with coriander. Serve.


Voila!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!