Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Blankies

As I have mentioned in the past, I have been making some baby blankets for friends who are having babies.

My original plan was to make a blanket similar to this one that I found on Etsy
however I decided the applique giraffe was out of my skill level, so I went with just a basic design of fabric with minky fabric on the back.

Having never sewn minky I was a bit shocked by how hard it actually was. It is stretchy and moves really easily, and was just a general pain in the toosh. A quick google search revealed that I am not the only one who complained about this, and apparently the trick is to use pins. LOTS OF PINS. Once I got the hang of it, it was rather easy to do.

So I made another one. And another.
(Note I didn't make the bottom two blankets, I brought those on Etsy and used them as a template for size)

I did manage to make a blanket for myself though, in orange dots to match my burp cloths. All in all I am quite happy with how they turned out.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!