Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My pledge to you


Picture from Flickr

Recently, Chantelle over at Fat Mum Slim recently blogged about Febusave, pledging that she would give up the non-essentials for February. No more lady lunches (oh how I love that term!). No more beauty treatments. And no bottled water.

And it got me thinking, that ANZ are onto a good thing here. I am a sucker for going over the top at christmas time. And that needs to stop. Our savings took a major hit last year (granted, I do have a new kitchen to show for it), but it is time to do some major saving again. If we want to move house in the next few years, we are going to have to pull some strings a fraction tighter.

So I have joined Febusave, and am pledging to do no shopping. Ok, that is a lie, I do the grocery shopping in our household, and that will continue, but I am cutting out the extra things I buy.
* Lunches at work - thing of the past.
* Beauty treatments that I haven't already booked in (I have a 3 week standing appointment with my beautician to ensure my eyebrows stay non-bushy). So I am cutting out manicures, pedicures, facials, and everything besides my eyebrows.
* Ice-Coffee of a morning on the way to work - nope, not going to happen.
* And online shopping. No Etsy/Ebay/MadeIt/various other stores

I think I am going to have a very happy husband in February! And an even happier bank manager!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Oh man. It's only been 2 days for me... and the no eating out for lunch at the office is already sooooo hard!

    I bought a box of hot chocolate with "added caffeine" to help my yearn for Starbucks. So far I haven't had any problems there.

    I'm excited to follow you in your febusave adventure!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a weak moment on Monday (I actually thought it was still January) and brought a jump suit for my nephew. Granted it was $45 reduced to $15, but it was a weak moment :( But I did stop myself buying stuff yesterday when the husband and I went shopping.

    That counts for something, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, I lost half my post. I think that I am bound to have slip ups throughout the month, but as long as I limit them, it is still better than how I was previously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope my husband doesn't hear about this hahaha but good on you guys for doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!