Monday, September 27, 2010

Sydney - A recap


On Friday, I left work on time, and made good time to Avalon (it is just over 2 hours from my work to the airport), in fact I was reasonable early, as the baggage check in was only just opening. The lovely man who checked in my baggage inform me that my flight was delayed by an hour. No biggie, I ordered some dinner and rang Britt to let her know.

Halfway through my dinner I noticed some commoation around me, however I was engrossed in my magazine and paid no attention to it. After 5 minutes or so it had got noiser in the cafe and people were moving around a lot. I looked up to see my worst nightmare (for that day at least) - my flight had been cancelled.

Ummm, what does that mean? Don't they realise I am meant to be meeting Britt at the airport in 2 hours? Don't they realise I have been looking forward to this for 6 months??? Best I ring Britt and let her know the bad news.

I must say, the staff at Jetstar were very helpful about the situation, given the circumstances. They were very quick in organising us to be put onto flights in the morning from the Melbourne airport, and booking us into a hotel for the night. All 150 of us! I wish I could say the same for the staff at the hotel down the road from Tullamarine. They were rude and unhelpful at basic tasks, which was disappointing as I have stayed with this particular hotel chain in the past and they have had lovely staff. Thank goodness I hadn't paid for this room, otherwise I would have been rope-able!!!

At 10 minutes to noon on Saturday, I arrived in Sydney, collected my baggage, and found Britt. From there on in, it was non-stop chatting. And shopping. And eatting.

Stay tuned for the rest of the highlights of our trip...

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!