Saturday, January 2, 2010

Just ticking about

The other day, I was flicking through Real Living, and in one of their features was a clock. I fell in love with it, but they didn't credit where it came from (I hate that). I figured I would call them when I got back to work, and find out where I could get the clock from.

Then I was wondering through Freedom, and saw it. My clock. There it was in all it's glory. And with 60% off! This is my new clock



But I wasn't happy with it being brown. It didn't match our furniture. But if it was white, it would. How do fix that I hear you ask. A spray can of white paint. Gives you this



It was a bit patchy, so a further two cans gives you this:

And as a finished product on our wall.


I love it. It gives the wall a bit of 'oomph', as we could never agree on something to go on the wall. So there you go, in the past I would have discounted it because it was the wrong colour, but with a spare hour and a few cans of spraypaint (ok, I spent almost as much on paint as I did the clock), and you end up with this.

What do you think?
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! And I much prefer it in white too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job April. Great job!!!It really stands out on the wall and does give it that bit of "oomph"

    Well done.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. It really adds something to that kind of "blank space" above the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!