Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Home Idea - Lounge


I am that person who hates having electronic things on display. I hated our DVD player constantly being seen under the tv, and was more than happy to get rid of it when we got our Apple TV. Plus we never used it.

I saw this in Home Beautiful the other week, and have decided it HAS to go in our new house. I love how it has built in storage in those beautiful drawers, no wires, and no ugly DVD player. See those silver rectangles above the drawers? Those my friends, are made from mesh, and according to owner Jenny  "were an practical choice as much as an aesthetic one: The mesh panels were incorporated so that the remote controls can "talk" to the entertainment equipment". OMG, how ingenious is that!

Jenny has a beautiful home, that has many clever things about it, but that was the awesome idea I have ever heard of. I may even consider buying a dvd player for our new house now


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. OOOh - I love it.

    I don't know if you have seen my entertainment unit (I posted it on I-D) but it is similar to that but we haven't got the mesh inserts so have to leave the door open (retractable) when using remotes.

    When we get a DVD player and new TV (one day in my dreams) I'll have to look at something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beautiful girl - Happy New Year!
    I just love that entertainment unit. I love the Mesh bits, hubby and I were talking about them the other day, they are so cool! I need a solution for the hideous hi-fi set up I've got going in my lounge. Something like this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, no I don't think I have seen you unit. i will go and check it out.

    I think something like this would be great to hide the hifi Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love that too!

    I am constantly having a battle with hubby as our place is decorated in French Provincial/Country shabby chic which just doesn't suit lots of electronics etc.

    I would love to have them hidden away like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would Ali

    Now, have you got broadband back to send moi some photos? The boy is away all week next week, and I need something to keep me occupied.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!