Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Roasted Brussel Sprouts


Now, before you saw "ewwwwwwww, I hate brussel sprouts", hear me out. Until last week I was one of you, I hated them with a passion. I refused to eat them, cook them, or even look at them in the grocers.

Last weekend, when doing the shopping, the husband requested I buy him some. Unfortuantly, I could only get a massive bag (a kilo I think). But he was cooking them with a mate on a campfire, so I couldn't complain. And then he came back with the bag of them. Crap. What am I going to do with them now?

Husband, being the lovely man he is, cooked dinner on Sunday night, and made us roasted sprouts, and I was impressed. They didnt smell like normal sprouts, and they sure as hell didnt taste like them.

Turns out, the trick is to coat them in oil, sprinkle 'All Purpose Seasoning', and bake for 45 minutes on a moderate heat (200 worked for me). Give it a go, it will suprise you.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. OH, I love brussel sprouts...will have to give this one a shot. THey are fabulous saute'd with butter and garlic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brussles too. The classic way to dress up brussels (and if you're not a fan you will be after this) is to boil them for about 4 mins then cut in half; fry chopped bacon, onion and pine-nuts, then toss in halved brussels and shake about in the hot pan with the bacon until they are slightly caramelised on their cut edges. Yummm

    This one looks like a goodie too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!