Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fake


I read MamaMia daily and often sit at work and discuss what Mia has had to say that day. There are times where I find her patronizing, but othertimes where I find myself nodding at the end of every sentance.

Today was a nodding day.

I hate fake tan. It is just that. FAKE. I am sorry, but no fake tan looks natural. No matter how many times I am told "it is customised to the perfect shade for you" I will refuse to get a tan. I am pale. I always have been pale. I have freckles. I do not tan. So why would I willing pay someone $30 to look like Valintino?

Bloody hell, the man is fashion god, and not short of a few bob, but how on earth can he walk out onto the red carpet looking like an Oompa Loompa? Honestly, who on earth did that tan? And why the feck didnt they do his neck? (they, that rhymes, clever arent i?)

Why are we so ashamed of our natural skin colour that we need to cover it up with something that is not natural? I am making a stand and staying a ghostly shade of white with brown freckles, because hell, its who i am. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that truly is awful! In my defence i only use fake tan to enhance my olive skin in the cooler months :] i would love to embrace being pale and find it so attractive on others but it just makes me look so washed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there, i love my pale skin. i am a redhead so i burn, blister and then freckle hehe - i too read mia's blog..and this is what i posted to her..

    rofl.

    i am very much pale. probably not as pale as anne but close to it as i have freckles due to exposure to sun.

    but i have fake tanned myself. boyfriend laughed hysterically as i became bronzed though i must not have moisturized enough on the elbows, ankles and knees as i developed some lovely orange spots.

    im not sure why no one has told him. everyone told me. maybe i have just grown up in an environment where you speak even if it may hurt their feelings but isnt it better they know?

    its like the quote: what's better the truth that draws a tear or a lie that draws a smile?

    if your feeling bored, and in the mood for a laugh check out my blog http://everyonewantsthis.blogspot.com/

    ta

    carly =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont get me wrong, I dont have an issue with those who tan, enhance or whatever, thats up to them...but if you are going to do it, least do a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol
    Every time I think fake tan i see Anne Hathaway in Bride Wars

    They are dumb and half the time make you look like a carrot. The assistant at the beauty salon will alwyas say oh my you look beautiful but what she means to say is oh dear, what a disater I have created.

    The link below will show you what I mean about the tan mess in bride wars if you are yet to see it.

    http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/06/05/bride-wars-hathaway-tan.jpg

    BTW, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this picture of Valentino I was so embarrassed for him. But hey just shows how human he really is and that even fashion "gods" can make mistakes just like us mere mortals.

    http://thatrandomleila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!