Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The First Fill


I have been meaning to write this post for a few days, and I keep forgetting, and when I do remember, I am busy with work.

So today, when I am sitting on the couch with a cold and asthma, I have all the time in the world.

Now, I had a bit of a mishap with my appointment. I turned up to the surgery at 7.45am the week before last, only to be told that "no, Mr J is not here today, he was here yesterday though".

Harmph, I asked for a Friday appointment. Oh well, I just got up before the sun, and travelled an hour and a half for nothing, but hey, all good :D

So I made an appointment to see my surgeon the following week. It wasn't to be, my surgeon's wife was being induced that day to give birth to their third child (the first boy). But I was offered an appointment with his partner, which was good enough for me.

So Friday came, I went down to Melbourne's outter west (read: boganville), to see some man I have never met. I jump on the scales (my slackness for the last week has seen me not loose any more weight this week (bad april, bad april)), and then I laid on the bed. They position a pillow under my lower rib cage, and I am told to relax. A short jab later, the needle is in, out comes the air from the band, and in goes 2.5ml of saline goes in.

I have noticed a huge difference after this fill. I thought I had to chew food before, well that was nothing. I can't eat much, and I now take even longer to eat a meal, much to the husbands disgust.

But it has been good, before I was feeling like I was eating too much compared to what I thought I should be eating. I am feeling better within myself, especially when I have to throw out work pants because they are too big on me!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!