Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My temporary kitchen

The lovely Miss Em asked how we are cooking whilst we are renovating.

We are thinking it should be about 10 weeks from start to finish, which is a long time to live on fast food, especially when you are meant to be avoiding it. So we set up a temporary kitchen in our dining room.


It's nothing fancy, we have a microwave, kettle, toaster and a slow cooker. But between all the meals I pre-prepared, the BBQ and things that can be cooked in the microwave (hello McCains lasagna), we have it sorted.

Because BBQ meat tends to be tougher, i am avoiding it for my own sake, and trying to eat a decent meal for lunch, and eat something small and easy to cook (hello baked beans) of a night.

So that is how we are cooking. Believe me, I do miss having a cooktop though. Just another thing I will appreciate more when I have a kitchen :) Pin It

2 comments:

  1. i had a lovely long comment then blogger quit... grumble... I am excited for you and know you will survive somehow. there was a blog about a lady that cooked with her slowcooker every day for a year. i don't remember the link but i'll look around for it. Good luck!

    ps when do we get to see you melting away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, when i do some more melting. i need to get back into the gym, but I between being exhausted from renovating and having a cold, I havent done much at all. I am looking forward to my next fill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!