Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What I can go without

I live quite a privleged life compare to some. And I am extreamly thankful for this.

In the last week I have felt so lucky to have a relativly easy existance. A friend of mine, Stepford Dreams has been telling myself about her best friend who has cancer. A terminal cancer. To a beautiful young woman named Alli. The love she has for her best friend is amazing. Both women are so very strong in such a hard situation. They have both given me a new perspective on things, and on life.

So, I am going to make a conscious effort to go without complaining about the little things in my life, and to just be thankful that I am alive and healthy. I think we all get bogged down in the little, trival, dont really matter in the grand scheme of things, sh*t from time to time. I know I do, and I need to get out of it. I can go without complaining about my brother/boss/work/husband/renovations .

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I read Stepford Dreams faithfully and I feel deeply for her friend its awful but its also a story of great faith I am inspired everytime she mentioned her. @ the same time we all have our own trials that we get to deal with so don't feel too bad for complaining every once in a while ;) its okay! I am proud of you for making an effort though YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!