Sunday, September 27, 2009

for your viewing pleasure

actually, for my view pleasure.

I have always been one of those people who hates tv's in the bedroom. I dont know why, as I had one in my room as a teenager (to save my parents from having to watch Neighbours and Home & Away (oh the shame!)). Just, when Brian and I moved in together, I said no tv for the bedroom.

Until now. Husband wanted to watch some James Bond movie, which I had zero interest in, especially considering I have movies from iTunes to watch. So, I am in in bed, trying to browse the net on my laptop, as well as watching movies.



Now to convince the husband to buy a tv, and another Apple TV (why can you not network these things dammit!). And whilst I am at it, better convince him to hang it too. And put in a new powerpoint for me.

Hmm, I may need to bribe him with all these requests
And it isnt really working for me. So I am considering a tv for the bedroom. But on certain conditions. It must not look like a tv. Which, incredibly, I saw a post about on The Happy Home Blog, who directed me to the A Penny Saved Blog about how to disguise a wall mounted tv!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Nice idea. I've always been against tv's in my bedroom but the older I get the more I think I would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic! We have a 40" flat screen mounted above a side board in our bedroom. I absolutely love it. Now if only hubbie could get around to hiding the wires like that one. I love flat screens above fire places. Do you have a fireplace in your room A?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have a flatscreen in our room, but when we renovated it became our linen cupboard on one side, and the safe on the other side, and the rest was plastered over. Such a pitty, as it was a lovely feature, but it was in terrible condition, and leaked soot when it rained heavily all over my shoes :(

    Get onto hubby R, just add it to his loooooong list of things to do in the new house

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed....very looonngg list for hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!