Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thankful 15: Flowers


Image from Flickr


I love fresh flowers. Unfortunately, the husband does not see the value in them, as they just die. So every now and then I go to the flower market in the city and buy myself a big bunch of them. I tried going to the florist, but it was costly, and they didnt seem to last as long. Tonight I threw out a bunch of lillies that have been in our kitchen for 3 weeks now!

So I was delighted when I discovered our magnolia bushes have started to flower. I was getting worried about these, as they have never flowered before, and were looking rather sickly a few weeks back. But some heavy watering, a good dose of blood and bone, and a thick layer of mulch seems to have done the trick. Now to work out how to stop them falling apart as soon as they open up

Suggestions?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love seeing what you have to say, so write away!